Monday, March 8, 2010

Great Training Day!

57 degrees here in New Jersey. It felt absolutely amazing! This was my 3rd day outside and 3rd day with the 17lb shot put. I improved on Friday's mark of 59.7 to 60.9ft today. The best part is that I am not use to the size of the outdoor ball, I am working a different start than the past and I was going about 80% to stay consistant. Now, you may think 60 feet with the 17lb is not that great... but if you know me I can't throw for shit in practice, I only throw well at meet so... that being said, I am excited to see the competition shot fly over 20meters again in May/June time. Hopefully at USA's!

Also, any High School athlete in NJ, Monmouth University is having a meet this Thursday night at 5pm for High School Athletes at the new indoor facility. It be a great idea to increase your indoor PR & tune up for the High School Nationals! Click here for meet information!

2 comments:

jchunter said...

1st, I didn't know you had a blog, nice stuff!!!

2nd, wow, nice pic of the new MU gym, looks like their doing big things!!!

Jaron

Jon Kalnas said...

yeah that's what 45+ million dollars can buy!