Sunday, June 15, 2008

June 15th

This past week I started my last phase of lifting leading up to the trials. I had a good reaction to the program the first week throwing an outdoor season personal best for 08. My nervous system peaked at the end of the work week and than shut down quick as lightning by the weekend. I competed and couldn't do one thing right. My distance was 18.45meters. After throwing well at my mock meet Friday I was really hoping to do well on saturday. Due to the type of training I was set to be physically worn down by saturday.

This is how the training is set up. Each phase is 3 weeks long. The first week I will hit a mini peak (friday) than after this my throws drop off from day 6 through day 14 and than begin to pick up again the third week once my body gets a hold of the training. This third week where my body recovers is the week of the Olympic Trials. So, even after a poor performance this past saturday I am still excited for the Trials and for a big throw!

No comments: